Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Xavier Leong <le...@persistent.com> on 2015/04/06 06:16:57 UTC

Calcite-652 Avatica Server with JDBC meta

Hi, notice that since 652, the JdbcMeta been moved to Avatica-server, the problem here is that avatica-server is full application with Jetty as dependencies, if I'm incorporating the server code within my web service, I do not need Jetty. This also seem inconsistent with LocalService.java, which is also part of server code

Can the JdbcMeta be part of local service package in avatica library? Or another option is to move the Main and HttServer implementation from avatica-server to example, and avatica-server remains as library implementation.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
-Xavier.

DISCLAIMER

Re: Calcite-652 Avatica Server with JDBC meta

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 what Nick says.

Code structure isn’t perfect but it seems good enough for now, if you can exclude jetty.

Frankly, at some point we should consider a home for Avatica outside of Calcite. Then it would make sense to let it grow beyond 2 maven modules.

Julian

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.