Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/04 13:43:18 UTC

[jexl] 1.1 nearing feature completion

Hi all,

Jexl is pretty near to feature complete for the 1.1 release.

There's an implementation of Script now which allows loading and
executing scripts from a literal String, a file or a URL.

The grammar has been completely implemented, and now includes
assignment, for/while/if statements as well as blocks of code.

If there's something you think could fit in with the 1.1 release, and
doesn't involve a change of grammar, or slot better into the 2.x
rearchitecture, please file enhancements/bugs now!

Thanks,
Dion
Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is
afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

Re: [jexl] 1.1 nearing feature completion

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/06, Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Jexl is pretty near to feature complete for the 1.1 release.
>
> There's an implementation of Script now which allows loading and
> executing scripts from a literal String, a file or a URL.
>
> The grammar has been completely implemented, and now includes
> assignment, for/while/if statements as well as blocks of code.

<snip/>

Good stuff. I can probably do some downstream testing for Commons
SCXML for the new features such as scripts and static method
invocation (the latter means that the lone checkstyle warning [1] for
scxml will disappear once we move to JEXL 1.1 ;-).

That might take a week or two, and it doesn't make sense for JEXL 1.1
RCs to wait (if you were planning on that sooner).

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/checkstyle-report.html

> If there's something you think could fit in with the 1.1 release, and
> doesn't involve a change of grammar, or slot better into the 2.x
> rearchitecture, please file enhancements/bugs now!
>
> Thanks,
> Dion
<snap/>