Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2004/12/27 09:57:45 UTC

Re: commons-logging auto-detection WAS: [logging] Enterprise Common Logging... dare we say 2.0?

"Charles Daniels" <cj...@yahoo.com> writes:

> [...]

Yep. Which once again shows, that using JCL in a component is a _good_
thing, even though Ceki will never cease to argue against it. :-)

	Regards
		Henning

Re: commons-logging auto-detection WAS: [logging] Enterprise Common Logging... dare we say 2.0?

Posted by Richard Sitze <rs...@us.ibm.com>.
"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote on 12/27/2004
02:57:45 AM:

> "Charles Daniels" <cj...@yahoo.com> writes:

Not to mention within a J2EE environment, you can bind properties [such as
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory] to the ClassLoader.  This has to be
done by the J2EE application prior to any invocation of LogFactory, but
it's do-able.

Hmm.... not so sure this works in JCL, but it does with JCDiscovery.

> Yep. Which once again shows, that using JCL in a component is a _good_
> thing, even though Ceki will never cease to argue against it. :-)

Humor aside, Ceki has taken a very reasonable view of JCL.  Please, let's
not incite to humor-wars here.