Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by William Blackburn <wj...@mac.com> on 2006/02/15 18:31:30 UTC

NMR Architecture and Configuration Questions

I've read the JBI spec and see that that three 'qualities of service'
are discussed in terms of message delivery 'Best effort', 'At least
once', and 'Once and only once'. My use cases include several
components that must receive all messages addressed to them in a
guaranteed way, while others can afford both dropped and duped messages.

Is this configurable? what is the default quality of service out of
the box?

On a related note, can anyone shed some light on what performance
issues I might face when developing an app based on a series of SMix
pojo components? If one component is involved in exchanges which may
take some time, and that component receives a heavy load, is
clustering (JMS Flow) the only solution?

Thanks very much for any enlightenment,

B.J.