Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andres Ledesma <le...@telefonica.net> on 2003/12/11 19:09:24 UTC

newbie simple question...

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new to Tomcat and jsp development, I'm running tomcat 4.1 over red
hat 8.

I redirected default port to 80 on server.xml, and created an index.jsp page
in wich I insert other jsp pages I created as templates usign :

        <jsp:include page="templates/header.jsp" flush="true"> </jsp:include>
        <jsp:include page="templates/footer.jsp" flush="true"> </jsp:include>
	... etc

In the beginning it worked fine, but at some point it stoped working, so after
issuing an http://localhost, just a blank page appears, so obviously, that
header.jsp and footer.sjp are not found anymore..

Testin I did insert a <%= new java.util.Date() %> just above the include
directive, and it works fine, I get the Date Time anwser, but not the page I
asked to be inserted for...

I been looking around, trying to find something in previous postings, but I
couldn't get anything, so I write here ....hope anybody can help.

Thanks in advance

--
Andres Ledesma
Ibilnet Software Inc.

newbie simple question... SOLVED !!!

Posted by Andres Ledesma <le...@telefonica.net>.
 Hi everybody again,

I went to the logs and found the cause of the error, so if anybody was going
to anwser, I thanks, but it's not necessary already.

Andres Ledesma
Ibilnet Software Inc.