Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jmf <je...@makina-corpus.com> on 2010/01/19 14:08:29 UTC

How to backup / dump solr database

Hi,

I'm using solr with the Plone CMS. I have just following some tutorials, and I
would like to 'dump' the solr database on production server and make it run on
my developement environement. Both are linux.

So first the question is : is it possible ?

Next how could I do this. I have try to simply copy paste the solr/data/index
folder from the production to dev but it doesn't work. I don't have find
anything about this in documentation.

JeanMichel FRANCOIS
Makina-Corpus

Re: How to backup / dump solr database

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
yes, it is possible.  and copying the index is exactly how to go about
it.  what didn't work exactly?

be sure that the index directory goes under data/ and looks just like
your production environment.

	Erik

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM, jmf
<je...@makina-corpus.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using solr with the Plone CMS. I have just following some tutorials,
> and I
> would like to 'dump' the solr database on production server and make it run
> on
> my developement environement. Both are linux.
>
> So first the question is : is it possible ?
>
> Next how could I do this. I have try to simply copy paste the
> solr/data/index
> folder from the production to dev but it doesn't work. I don't have find
> anything about this in documentation.

You'd need to copy the index as well as the schema.xml. If you have changed
the solrconfig.xml or any other configuration file then that too needs to be
transferred to your production server.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.