Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Andreas Rieke <an...@isl-online.de> on 2002/12/18 10:41:24 UTC

Double execution of PerlRequire statement

Hi,

working with apache 1.3.26, mod_perl/1.27 and perl 5.6.0 on a Redhat
Linux 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10, I have serious problems with a
PerlRequire statement in the httpd.conf apache configuration file since
the script is executed twice with the same pid.

The PerlRequire statement is the first statement concerning mod_perl in
the configuration file, and there is no other PerlRequire. Any help is
very much appreciated,

Andreas

Re: Double execution of PerlRequire statement

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Kyle Oppenheim wrote:
> This behavior is documented in the guide...
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Apache_Restarts_Twice_On_S
> tart

it may not be that simpple - what Andreas is likely seeing is likely a real bug that's
been around for a while:

IIRC, it is still outstanding.

in the meanwhile, Perrin has suggested a fix for PerlModule

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=101067662002787&w=2

and issues with PerlRequire can probably be worked around by playing with

$Apache::Server::ReStarting

HTH

--Geoff

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Kyle Oppenheim wrote:
> This behavior is documented in the guide...
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Apache_Restarts_Twice_On_S
> tart

This is true, although technically it shouldn't require the same file
twice unless you have PerlFreshRestart on (which is a bad idea).

- Perrin

Re: Double execution of PerlRequire statement