Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@nht-norwick.net> on 2002/10/30 00:31:53 UTC

Make parallel calls to diferents web services

Hi all,

two days browsing internet and i can't find any clue to do it, many parallel
calls to diferente web service.

I don't know if this is imposible, but I think that it should be a normal behavior.
did anyboy do something similar??

Any help will be very apreciated.

Regards, Enrique.

Re: Make parallel calls to diferents web services

Posted by Ricky Ho <ri...@cisco.com>.
If you are not the service provider and if the service itself is
synchronous, then the only way is to spawn multiple threads, each making a
synchronous invocation to a different web services.

If you have control on the service, then use an async invocation model, by
splitting the service interface into two operations, then your client code
will look

String reqId1 = firstService.call(param1);
String reqId2 = secondService.call(param2);
String reqId3 = thirdService.call(param3);
// After a while
Object result1 = firstService.getResult(reqId1, timeout);
Object result2 = firstService.getResult(reqId2, timeout);
Object result3 = firstService.getResult(reqId3, timeout);

Rgds, Ricky