Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniel Repik <da...@mailcity.com> on 2000/06/29 22:04:07 UTC

Problem with Message Tag

I am having a problem running the struts example.  I have loaded both Tomcat and struts into VisualAge for Java 1.2 (version 3.0 of the IDE).  It seems that all the Tomcat servlet and jsp functionality works fine.

However when I try to open up the index.jsp page of the struts example an exception is throw.  The exception being throw is because the text for the page title message tag is not being found.

Re: Problem with Message Tag

Posted by Massimiliano Marsiglietti <ma...@interage.it>.
Ciao,

Il mer, 05 lug 2000, hai scritto:

[..]
> You see, running standalone, Tomcat will find them.  However, running
> within VisualAge, you are compiling, running, and debugging your classes
> interactively ;)  (BIG grin).  Therefore, VAJ needs the pointer.
>
> My apologies to those for whom this is off topic.

On the contrary.. I bet there are a few lurker (like me) that copy and paste
these little tricks.. Thanks for posting it!

--
Max

Re: Problem with Message Tag

Posted by Rick Goeltz <go...@ornl.gov>.
At 01:04 PM 6/29/00 -0700, Daniel Repik <da...@mailcity.com> wrote:

 > I am having a problem running the struts example.  I have loaded both
 > Tomcat and struts into VisualAge for Java 1.2 (version 3.0 of the
 > IDE).  It seems that all the Tomcat servlet and jsp functionality
 > works fine.

 > However when I try to open up the index.jsp page of the struts example
 > an exception is throw.  The exception being throw is because the text
 > for the page title message tag is not being found.

I have struts/Tomcat running within VisualAge and had a similar problem.
A look at the log indicates a problem opening Resources.properties.
My fix was to add the app's WEB-INF/classes to the classpath of
.startup.Tomcat.

You see, running standalone, Tomcat will find them.  However, running
within VisualAge, you are compiling, running, and debugging your classes
interactively ;)  (BIG grin).  Therefore, VAJ needs the pointer.

My apologies to those for whom this is off topic.

Rick