Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/10/11 05:58:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1811699 - /ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk/framework/service/src/main/java/org/apache/ofb iz/service/config/model/ThreadPool.java

Le 10/10/2017 à 15:46, mbrohl@apache.org a écrit :
>   public static final int MAX_THREADS = 5; // Values higher than 5 might slow things down.
Hi

While reviewing recent Michael's commits (thanks Michael and the ecomify team) I stumbled upon this static variable

I know it's only a default, but yet should it not be dynamic in relation with the number of cores?

Disclaimer: I did not dig further so ignore the question if it's non sense

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Scott, Michael,

It's late but I'm still reading  Java Concurrency in Practice (not now, but actually  often :)) and I agree with (all) answers at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13834692/threads-configuration-based-on-no-of-cpu-cores

It's indeed not a trivial task to determine the best value, and the reference above in serviceengine.xml should not hurt.
We can keep 5 but I believe have to explain why at the upper level. It's a very important value and not all people (often) read Java Concurrency in
Practice

What do you think?

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mmm, it seems I wanted to say something here and pushed a button too fast :D

Actually I guess you saw this was done very simply at r1817040

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.