Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Stewart, Gary" <Ga...@luht.scot.nhs.uk> on 2006/02/07 17:10:23 UTC

Error using org.xml.sax.InputSource

Hi there,

I've been looking at using CForms and been trying out some of the demos along with my own forms. I've gotten stuck at binding; I've found a few of the demos and my own code was throwing the exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException.sourceName()Ljava/lang/String;
	org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.LocationTrackingDebugger$1.getLocation(LocationTrackingDebugger.java:61)
	org.apache.cocoon.util.location.LocationUtils.getLocation(LocationUtils.java:264)
	org.apache.cocoon.util.location.LocationUtils.getLocation(LocationUtils.java:203)

which is at the Tomcat level but I assume that is because I'm not handling the exception. I've isolated it down to the bindings.js script in the forms sample and it looks like

var is = new Packages.org.xml.sax.InputSource(source.getInputStream());

is the offending line. "source" appears to be not null and I'm having difficulty seeing where it is going wrong. Sorry I can't be more specific but I really don't have much idea of the issues that could be causing this.

I'm using Java 1.5.0_04 and Cocoon 2.1.8 (though there might be a few non-standard libs; so I tried a standard build and got the same issues).

Many thanks,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.

Re: Error using org.xml.sax.InputSource

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Stewart, Gary wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I've been looking at using CForms and been trying out some of the demos along with my own forms. I've gotten stuck at binding; I've found a few of the demos and my own code was throwing the exception:
>
>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException.sourceName()Ljava/lang/String;
>	org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.LocationTrackingDebugger$1.getLocation(LocationTrackingDebugger.java:61)
>	org.apache.cocoon.util.location.LocationUtils.getLocation(LocationUtils.java:264)
>	org.apache.cocoon.util.location.LocationUtils.getLocation(LocationUtils.java:203)
>
>which is at the Tomcat level but I assume that is because I'm not handling the exception. I've isolated it down to the bindings.js script in the forms sample and it looks like
>
>var is = new Packages.org.xml.sax.InputSource(source.getInputStream());
>
>is the offending line. "source" appears to be not null and I'm having difficulty seeing where it is going wrong. Sorry I can't be more specific but I really don't have much idea of the issues that could be causing this.
>
>I'm using Java 1.5.0_04 and Cocoon 2.1.8 (though there might be a few non-standard libs; so I tried a standard build and got the same issues).

You should search and remove any older xml-apis.jar somewhere in the
class path.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.