Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/11 23:23:42 UTC

New Committers not showing up on people.a.o

We (Storm) have added a few committers/PPMC members, but they aren’t listed under the project on people.apache.org.

Poking through the code to generate that site, it looks like that information comes from LDAP.

What is the process for updating that information (both now and post-graduation)?

Thanks in advance.

-Taylor

Re: New Committers not showing up on people.a.o

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 September 2014 23:41, Andrew Phillips <de...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> From what I recall, the information in people.as..o is generated from FOAF files, which are committed to a repo. See [1] for details.

Some of people.a.o is derived from FOAF file.

But the "committers by ..." pages are currently obtained from LDAP and
the asf-authorization file
This is documented at the top of the relevant pages.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <de...@yahoo.co.uk>.

From what I recall, the information in people.a.o is generated from FOAF files, which are committed to a repo. See [1] for details.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ted, Andrew, and sebb,
>
> FOAF files were one of first thing I checked, but I don't have a FOAF file, yet I (ptgoetz) am still listed as a member of Storm on p.a.o.
>
> I can confirm that some of the new members have commit rights to our git repo, but still aren't listed as members on p.a.o.
>
> The whole process seems a bit like voodoo. Is it different post graduation?
>
> Since building community is paramount to Apache projects, I want to make sure we know exactly how to deal with setting up new members prior to graduation.
>
> If it would help, I'd be glad to help document it for the incubator once I know what the actual process is.
>
> -Taylor

Sebb is right - it's the svn auth piece (asf-auth-template) that
calculates a lot of that for podlings . Git access is based on LDAP -
and is much more coarse (so anyone in the incubator group can commit
to any incubator project's git repo.) which is why your committers
haven't had an issue.

--David

Re: New Committers not showing up on people.a.o

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted, Andrew, and sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.