Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@prosystemsit.de on 2005/07/05 10:31:30 UTC

Web Server Authentication on Tomcat (5.5)

Hello,

I want to use Tomcat together with IIS to let IIS do the Windows based
authentication.

I've managed to install and configure isapi_redirect-1.2.13, and
everything seems to work. When I call "request.getUserPrincipal()" in my
servlet, I get a principal object with the correct name.

But the problem is: this principal object (a CoyotePrincipal) is
generated very early in request processing, not by the installed realm.
No authenticate() method of the realm is ever called, so depending on
the kind of realm I use, this simply doesn't work.

(The realm I'm using, guess what, is JBossSecurityMgrRealm - the result
is that the JBoss LoginModules are completely ignored because Tomcat
doesn't authenticate().)

Which is the right way?

Can anybody help? Many thanks!!

Regards,

Marcus.

prosystems IT GmbH
Anwendungsentwicklung
Postfach 31 51
53021 Bonn (Germany)

Tel: 0228 / 3366 - 3329, Fax: 0228 / 3366 - 73329
mailto:Marcus.Schmidke@prosystemsIT.de http://www.prosystemsIT.de
Amtsgericht Bonn - HR B 13189

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit der prosystems IT GmbH via E-Mail dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden. Verfaelschungen des urspruenglichen Inhaltes dieser Nachricht bei der Datenuebertragung koennen nicht ausgeschlossen werden.