Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/12 09:37:16 UTC

Where should I put JDBC drivers for metastore service

Hi,

I put mysql-connector-java-5.1.20-bin.jar into $HIVE_HOME/lib, and configurations in hive-site.xml are
<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
  <value>jdbc:mysql://192.168.72.1:3306/hive</value>
  <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
  <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
  <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
  <value>root</value>
  <description>username to use against metastore database</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
  <value>xiaobo</value>
  <description>password to use against metastore database</description>
</property>

When I execute a test HQL in hive, got the following error message:

hive> CREATE TABLE records (year STRING, temperature INT, quality INT)
    > ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
    > FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t';
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
hive>

How to create index on HBase?

Posted by "ransom.hezhiqiang" <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi all
I create index on hbase faild .
This is my sql. How to create index on HBase?

create index i_hhive on hhive(c1,c2) as "compact" with deferred rebuild  STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val,cf1:val2,cf1:val3") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "xyz");

Best regards
Ransom.

Best regards
Ransom.

Re: RE: Where should I put JDBC drivers for metastore service

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry, I forget starting hadoop first, but the error messages are confusing too :)

Xiaobo Gu

From: ransom.hezhiqiang
Date: 2012-05-12 15:46
To: user@hive.apache.org; 'guxiaobo1982'
Subject: RE: Where should I put JDBC drivers for metastore service
<property>
        <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
        <value>jdbc:mysql:// 192.168.72.1:3306/hive?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>
        <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

If it doen't work, show the log in /tmp/{user.name}/hive.log

Best regards
Ransom.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
I am uisng 0.9.0 hive against hadoop 1.0.2

Here is the error logs of metastore

gpadmin@hdp1 hive]$ more metastore_err.log
WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated. Please use org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the log4j.properties files.
MetaException(message:Got exception: java.net.ConnectException Call to hdp1/127.0.0.1:8020 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.logAndThrowMetaException(MetaStoreUtils.java:785)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.Warehouse.getFs(Warehouse.java:106)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.Warehouse.getDnsPath(Warehouse.java:136)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.Warehouse.getWhRoot(Warehouse.java:151)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.getDefaultDatabasePath(HiveMetaStore.java:475)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.createDefaultDB_core(HiveMetaStore.java:353)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.createDefaultDB(HiveMetaStore.java:371)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.init(HiveMetaStore.java:278)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.<init>(HiveMetaStore.java:248)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.startMetaStore(HiveMetaStore.java:3017)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.main(HiveMetaStore.java:2957)
Exception in thread "main" MetaException(message:Got exception: java.net.ConnectException Call to hdp1/127.0.0.1:8020 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectEx
[...]
[gpadmin@hdp1 hive]$

Xiaobo Gu

From: Xiaobo Gu
Date: 2012-05-12 15:37