Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com> on 2022/02/22 22:17:00 UTC

Jenkins CI has availability issues, please don't merge PRs that didn't run the tests.

Apache Infra team is investigating this in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22878.

In the meantime, on some of your PRs Jenkins test suites may not have
triggered, and the PRs m may have a false-positive 'green' signal.
If the usual precommits did not run on your PR after
https://ci-beam.apache.org/ is available again, please comment 'retest this
please' and wait for the tests to pass before merging.

Note that Github actions tests are not affected, but not all of our suites
use github actions. The 'retest this please' command only restarts Jenkins
suites.

Thanks.

Re: Jenkins CI has availability issues, please don't merge PRs that didn't run the tests.

Posted by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com>.
Kyle, thank you for the guidance!

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 9:51 PM Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com> wrote:

> It looks like there is a JIRA ticket filed, but no progress reported yet.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-14017
>
> I don't think BEAM-14017 is related to INFRA-22878, since that has been
> resolved.
>
> I think it's okay to ignore the failure for this particular PR, since as
> far as I know the community metrics tests are just to validate test infra
> configs and don't have any dependency on
> google_cloud_platform_libraries_bom.
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 5:54 PM Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Beam developers,
>>
>> I'm confirming the check status of
>> https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/17027 by Anshul, but I
>> see CommunityMetrics always failing.
>> It seems the problem is not specific to this pull request, as per
>> https://ci-beam.apache.org/view/all/job/beam_PreCommit_CommunityMetrics_Commit/
>>
>> Is this related to the unstable infrastructure and somebody is looking
>> into this?
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 6:31 PM Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> i'd use 'retest this please' if test jobs did not appear on a PR at all.

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Tomo

Tomo

Re: Jenkins CI has availability issues, please don't merge PRs that didn't run the tests.

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.

Posted by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com>.
Hi Beam developers,

wrote:

> i'd use 'retest this please' if test jobs did not appear on a PR at all.
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 3:26 PM Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI
>> https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/.test-infra/jenkins/README.md
>> has the list of trigger phrases for the tests.
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 3:05 PM Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Jenkins CI is now available, but still loads slow; you could try to
>>> re-trigger the jobs on your PRs as the job queue is empty.

Tomo

Re: Jenkins CI has availability issues, please don't merge PRs that didn't run the tests.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.