Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com> on 2017/09/19 22:44:45 UTC

getting number of SALT partitions from meta data?

HI Trafodioneers,
I am working on an SPJ where I want to perform some parallel tasks inside, and set the degree of parallelism proportional to the number of SALT partition of the source table.
I am sure this number is available somewhere in metadata. Was going to do some trial and error to find where but was thinking, may be if someone knows, that could save me some time :).
Also I was looking for a programmatic way, from SPJ to know on how many nodes the cluster is running? If someone have a hint I am interested.
Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric

RE: getting number of SALT partitions from meta data?

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks Dave,
You just saved me valuable time :-)
Eric

In the metadata tables, "_MD_".TABLES column NUM_SALT_PARTNS has what you are looking for.

For indexes, the only current salting option is "SALT LIKE TABLE"; I don't know how that is represented in the metadata. Perhaps with a bit in FLAGS in the INDEXES table?

Dave

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Eric,