Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2013/07/09 17:49:35 UTC

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

I'd like to see a 3.5.0-alpha soon. I agree re 1147 and iirc it was
pretty close (Mahadev?). ZOOKEEPER-1346 (jetty support for monitoring)
should also go in. It's pretty much ready afair.

I'm happy to RM 3.5 if we can get past these open issues.

Patrick

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
 (ZOOKEEPER-1629) testTransactionLogCorruption occasionally fails

keeps failing intermittently. It's a real pain for CI. I'd like to see
us fix this.

Patrick

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

RE: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
My vote goes to oracle jdk 7 as preferred. I've had an issue with
openjdk-6-jdk on ubuntu 12.04:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1214?focusedCommentId=13571756&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13571756

I've since switched to oracle-java7-jdk, and I haven't hit this issue.
I haven't tried openjdk-7-jdk.

--Michi

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
w.r.t. ZK-107, there are two open issues:

- ZOOKEEPER-1659 (JMX support for reconfiguration) not sure its
necessary for 3.5.0, but it would be good if someone familiar with JMX
looks into this.
- ZOOKEEPER-1699 which seems serious as it gets the system stuck. I
hope to spend more time on this soon.

Regarding documentation, there is a draft here: ZOOKEEPER-1660

Alex

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1 on moving to JDK 7

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1 on moving to JDK 7

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Marshall McMullen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Agree, sounds like a great plan to me as well.  Once we get an alpha
release we can do some internal stress testing against it in our lab to
help give higher confidence of its quality.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Sounds like a great plan.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
There are several large PAs:

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
thanks Patrick!

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
This is awesome! I'll go over the ones I've been involved with but happy to
help review & test out any other issues - just lemme know :-)

-rgs

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.
Sure, fine with me.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
This reminds me. I did a lot of work on adding support for Maven
(ZOOKEEPER-1078). It's not entirely finished but it's close. Would be
nice to move to this for 3.5, or at least include it as an option and
consider moving fully in 3.6.

Patrick

Re: [Release 3.5.0] Any news yet?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.