Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 22:14:19 UTC

null.pointer.Exception in o.a.g.util.IOUtils

Hi,

Having a look at failing tests in gora-core module here. In particular
the following stack trace [1] which occurs for 5 tests in all. I
thought I had begun to solve it earlier but unfortunately I was wrong.

I think it is the code below, taken from IOUtils which is which is
invoking the exception. I've added the important line numbers. For
clarity the stack trace notes that the NPE is caught at line 116.

107  /** Serializes the object to the given dataoutput using
   * available Hadoop serializations
   * @throws IOException */
  public static<T> void serialize(Configuration conf, DataOutput out
      , T obj, Class<T> objClass) throws IOException {

    if(serializationFactory == null) {
      serializationFactory = new SerializationFactory(getOrCreateConf(conf));
    }
116    Serializer<T> serializer = serializationFactory.getSerializer(objClass);

    ByteBufferOutputStream os = new ByteBufferOutputStream();
    try {
      serializer.open(os);
121      serializer.serialize(obj);

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/gora-trunk/org.apache.gora$gora-core/67/testReport/org.apache.gora.mapreduce/TestPersistentSerialization/testSerdeEmployee/

--
Lewis

Re: null.pointer.Exception in o.a.g.util.IOUtils

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Ok, it does work. The trick is to configure the maven-surefire-plugin to run using forkMode always. I committed it.

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Hi,