Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Rick Hegarty <sk...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/13 17:04:16 UTC

Generic requirements for test specifications

Hi all,

I am working on new test specifications for Unit Testing. Since they both
create web projects I need to document how to download and install the Java
Web and EE plugins for both specifications.

It occurred to me that others may also be going down the same path for
their test specifications. Rather than duplicating effort (DRY
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_repeat_yourself>), could we perhaps
have a single document on that which we can all link to in our
specifications?

There may be other setup and configuration actions that apply to more than
one test specification. If so, we could also include those common actions
in the document and link to them. An additional benefit of this approach is
that we would only need to edit a single document if things change.

Any thoughts? (My apologies if this is already being addressed and I have
missed it.)

Rick

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Generic requirements for test specifications

Posted by Hermien Pellissier <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick,

The question of how to install the other plugins (such as Web and EE) is of
wider interest than "just" NetCAT. The user community at large will want to
know how to do this, after this Java only release. So I would suggest that
you create a wiki page describing the steps, and then any test specs that
need to can reference that.

The question is however a transient one too. When the rest of the features
are donated too, this wiki page will become obsolete. :)

~ Hermien