Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Shady Xu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/04 03:29:53 UTC

Re: Too many connections from hive to zookeeper

The lock manager is used to provide concurrent ability for hive, turning it
off will affect the performance. I will try to set the
hive.server2.enable.doAs property to see what will happen.

Posted by Shady Xu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Setting the hive.server2.enable.doAs property to false does fix the problem
but may causes file permission problems.

If upgrading Hive is not permitted, maybe compiling the related Hive
packages with this patch (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9119)
to replace the jars in the lib will work. Anyone tried that? I plan to give
it a shot.