Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Charles-H. Schulz" <ch...@documentfoundation.org> on 2011/06/07 16:06:06 UTC

Re: [tdf-discuss] How Close Is TDF...? [WAS Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?]

Hello Jim,

Le Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:50:42 -0400,
Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> a écrit :

> On Jun 6, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Jim Jagielski wrote on 2011-06-06 22.13:
> >> Good to see the list... Not knowing things for sure, but I
> >> would guess that Oracle had issues with #3, which gave away
> >> (what I would expect to be) huge chunks of h/w infrastructure,
> >> esp to an entity which was still in the process (though close!)
> >> of finalizing its foundational status...
> >
> > your interpretation of #3 is wrong. It reads "available for
> > transfer", and emphasizes that by "into The Document Foundation's
> > infrastructure". There is not a single word about hardware wanted.
> >

> Thx for the clarification... BTW, it also mentions
>
> 	"integration with Oracle ERP and CRM stacks"
>
> Did you really want (and expect) direct access to such incredibly
> sensitive and important parts of Oracle's business structure?
> How does that help the "community"? It seems much more something
> a competing business would want.

Actually it was felt that it's something Oracle would have enjoyed, as
it simply eases major scale migrations to LibreOffice and reassures, on
the other hand, customers who are studying acquiring Oracle solutions.

Best,
Charles.