Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by "Vikas Singh (Tech - VS)" <vi...@flipkart.com> on 2015/10/26 14:37:59 UTC

Automating Zeppelin Paragraph Run.

Hi,
 For the purpose of checking whether zeppelin is up or not through Nagios I
was trying to write a client which would create a notebook and run a
paragraph with preconfigured text. Since there are no straightforward REST
APIs for this task and I was not able to find any synchronous websocket
client. I was wondering if there is any easy way to do this or any
testcases which could guide me.

I wrote a client which runs a paragraph in an already existing notebook.
But there I noticed in zeppelinClasses Directory the variable files it
creates, keep getting bigger and bigger with each run to the point we
started getting disk space issue. Any insight about this would also be very
helpful.

Thanks.

Re: Automating Zeppelin Paragraph Run.

Posted by rohit choudhary <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikas,

Are you trying to check whether Zeppelin is in consistent state, by
checking the output of the notebook or are you testing the uptime of
Zeppelin server?

Thanks,
Rohit.