Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Max Lynch <ih...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 07:56:05 UTC

Re: FileNotFoundException on index

Hi Mike,

Missed your response on this,
What I was doing was physically removing index/write.lock if older than 8
hours, allowing another process of my indexer to run.  I realize in
hindsight that there is no reason why I should be doing this and it was
really stupid.  I think I was under the impression one of my pylucene
processes was hanging.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK thanks for bringing closure!

Accidentally allowing 2 writers to write to the same index quickly
leads to corruption.  They are like the Betta fish: they fight to the
death, removing each others files, if you put them in the same cage.

Mike