Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicholas Orr <Ni...@mim.com.au> on 2003/04/28 08:59:26 UTC

server.xml - TC 4.1.24 - Buggered!

ENVIRONMENT
OS:   Red Hat Linux 8.0
JDK:  J2SE 4.1.1_01
How:  tomcat lives here --> /home/tomcat/tc/4.1.24 - run as user tomcat
      java   lives here --> /home/tomcat/java/1.4.1_01
      all app stuff (jsp, servlets, conf, txt files, etc) located in
       /home/tomcat/apps/lfts/
        > webapps/
          > development  <-- Basedoc of the engine
            > ROOT       <-- where I want "/" to point to - the root context
in other words
              > WEB-INF  <-- normal (web.xml, classes etc)
              > images   <-- images (jpg, gif, png)

Scripts:
<<<<<  tomcat_start >>>>>>
export JAVA_HOME=/home/tomcat/java/1.4.1_01
export CATALINA_HOME=/home/tomcat/tc/4.1.24
/home/tomcat/tc/4.1.24/bin/startup.sh

<<<<<  tomcat_stop  >>>>>>
export JAVA_HOME=/home/tomcat/java/1.4.1_01
export CATALINA_HOME=/home/tomcat/tc/4.1.24
/home/tomcat/tc/4.1.24/bin/shutdown.sh

Hello,

I had a working app 2 weeks ago - I had to complete another task before I
could finish this working app (lfts).  Now I've come back to finish lfts off
and Tomcat is giving me all sorts of crazy grief!!!!!!!!

So I've started again (my TC config) extracted a fresh copy of
"tomcat-4.1.24.tar.gz" and dropped the attached server.xml into the /conf
directory.

Now when I go to http://lftsdev.mim.com.au/ I get a directory listing (root
ctx "/"), nothing in the dir except "some.txt" file (this means that above
where I have the folders images/WEB-INF they are not there yet because TC
aint working properly yet), go to the Manager app ("/manager/html/list") and
try to stop "/" it doesn't work

---> "FAIL - No context exists for path /"

Any help would be great thanks :)

Nick

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.
For general enquires:	++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:	supportcentre@mim.com.au
Support Centre phone:  	Australia 1800500646
        				International ++61 7 38338042

Re: server.xml - TC 4.1.24 - Buggered!

Posted by Holger Klawitter <li...@klawitter.de>.
> Now when I go to http://lftsdev.mim.com.au/ I get a directory listing (root
> ctx "/"),

Use path="" in your context spec.

Perhaps you have another Context in your webapps dir overriding the Context
from your server.xml. I think one shouldn't define Context in the server.xml
any more.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards
	Holger Klawitter
--
lists@klawitter.de