Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/12/03 23:30:27 UTC

Log4j initialization with struts?

Hello all,

I am receiving the following error message from log4j.

WARNING: CORE3283: stderr: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources).
WARNING: CORE3283: stderr: log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.

I have placed log4j-1.2.8.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory and have placed
the following log4j.xml in my WEB-INF/classes directory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="  <http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/>
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
    <appender name="ConsoleAppender"
class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
        <layout class="org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout"/>
    </appender>
    <logger name="ct">
        <level value="DEBUG"/>
    </logger>
    <root>
        <priority value ="WARN" />
        <appender-ref ref="ConsoleAppender"/>
    </root>
</log4j:configuration>

I don't remember receiving this error with the previous version of log4j.
Do I need to do something different?

Thanks,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.