Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/11 01:42:51 UTC

On constant feedback from various people that we've missed something

It seems that no one has a correct template as regardless of who we
copy, and regardless of if they have graduated or not, someone in the
IPMC can find a problem in our email notifications. To reduce this
friction, I've created a wiki where we can paste the last known good
template. If you get advice from a passer-by, please cite that note
when changing the email template so that we can track how often these
things drift.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/Email+templates

TL;DR; copying dubbo's process isn't working

Re: On constant feedback from various people that we've missed something

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

Here are items that Zipkin is missing that are Graduation Requirements:

(1) Podling Suitable Name Search: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#conducting_a_suitable_name_search

(2) Download page and Release Distribution Policy
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#download-links
This means a download page. Your clutch page has example links.
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch/zipkin

(3) The clutch page will also reveal other issues.

HTH,
Dave

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
yep this is in response to the last note also our RMs always asking about
if we should use Dubbo's stuff (on chat).

it is hard for me to track all the spurious issues and possibly using the
jclouds one will still result in spurious issues raised by different people.

glad to use jclouds as a starting base but I think we will want some
tracking when people tell us we did something wrong and I cant think an
easier way than wiki history at the moment.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
I fleshed out as much as I could in a few hours today. Hope it helps!
Please edit as you see fit.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.