Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom <to...@autosoftdms.com> on 2007/01/31 21:45:01 UTC

How to Limit SA scan jobs

How do I stop Spamassassin from scanning email for a particular user
(email account) on the server.

I have Spamassassin 3.1.7 finally working and would like to send all
messages identifed as spam to a user on the server
The problem is now those messages that go to the spam account gets rescanned

Re: How to Limit SA scan jobs

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Tom wrote:
> How do I stop Spamassassin from scanning email for a particular user
> (email account) on the server.
>
> I have Spamassassin 3.1.7 finally working and would like to send all
> messages identifed as spam to a user on the server
> The problem is now those messages that go to the spam account gets
> rescanned

Don't call SA for that mail.

Seriously, right now SA does not have any mechanism to abort scanning
once started. SA's current whitelist feature merely reduces the score,
but still fully processes the message.

 There's work in the development branch to add a "short-circuit" feature
to 3.2, but it's not here yet. Also, even when that feature is
implemented, you'd still have to pay some overhead so that SA can parse
enough headers to match your whitelist. You'd still be better off, where
possible, configuring your tools to not call SA for those messages in
the first place.

You (again) left out how you're integrating SA, which is what really
matters here.. From offline discussions, I can recap for others you're
using postfix and calling it from master.cf

I'm no expert in postfix, never used it at all myself. So, I can't help
very much here.

However, You might want to look at this document:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedSpamdInPostfix

And use a variant with a filter.sh, and have the filter.sh just pipe the
output through instead of calling SA if $USER matches your bypass account.

Again, I'm not well versed in postfix, but based on my limited knowledge
that seems like a plausible approach.

Re: How to Limit SA scan jobs

Posted by Michel R Vaillancourt <mi...@wolfstar.ca>.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AllSpamToFiltering