Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <OO...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2004/01/26 21:24:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Regarding Virtual Host....

I have finally finished my installation of a website using a weblog. It
is running as I expected for now. I have now decided to move on to
testing Virtual Hosting.

I have been following so many threads on namebased virtual host and
will follow up with an example of what I have learned.

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
ServerName www.site1.com
ServerAlias site1.com mail.site1.com
DocumentRoot d:/apache/apache2/htdocs/site1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
ServerName www.site2.com
ServerAlias site2.com mail.site2.com
DocumentRoot d:/apache/apache2/htdocs/site2
</VirtualHost>

My question is that for me, it was Joshua that solved enablesendfile
off problem that I was having. So if my understanding is correct, Apache
ignores all the other directives if virtual host is in effect. In other
words, would I need to include all the directives that I might want in
each virtual host container?

Do I need to enablesendfile off in each of the containers, and if so,
does that mean Maxkeepalive, timeout, etc... Or am I wrong in assuming
that Apache ignores all other directives when virtual host is present?

Thank you all in advance

Ola

Re: [users@httpd] Regarding Virtual Host....

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> Do I need to enablesendfile off in each of the containers, and if so,
> does that mean Maxkeepalive, timeout, etc... Or am I wrong in assuming
> that Apache ignores all other directives when virtual host is present?

Your assumption is wrong.  Anything specified in the server-wide context
(outside any virtual host) will be applied to every virtual host unless
overriden in that <VirtualHost> block.

Joshua.