Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jeff Tapper <je...@spoon.as> on 2012/02/15 16:36:08 UTC

Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour

Hey all, just wanted to post a brief note that the Flex tour has started,
with the first event being Monday night in NY, the next one is tonight in
Boston.

The meeting was well attended, and had 3 presenters Christophe and Allen
from Adobe, and I.

Christophe stated the meeting off with an apology about how badly things
were handled, Alan Greenblatt talked about how Adobe plans on supporting
existing enterprise customers, and talked a bit about the differences
between adobe and apache.  I then talked about the Apache process, how
committers and non-committers can get involved.  How spoon fits in.  How
releases are voted on, and in general the "apache way" of doing things.

I made a point of giving urls to the apache flex project, to the mailing
lists and to the jira instance.

The biggest news from Adobe was that the next major release of Flash builder
will not have Flex support.  Otherwise, there was lost of people venting
their anger, but not much news.

The recording of the event is available here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mike-s-flex-channel

Re: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
Thanks Jeff!

Chicago is hosting Christophe from Adobe and Michael Labriola from
Digital Primates on 2/29.  If you are in the area, please sign up
(info here: www.chicagoflex.org) and show your support of the
evolution of Flex.

Cheers,

JP

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.

I suggest you look at: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/index.html

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org

Re: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour

Posted by Petr Cihelka <ci...@xhost.cz>.
Hi,

Posted by Jeff Tapper <je...@spoon.as>.
There was very little detail given.  I suspect that the idea of swapping out
an SDK may not exist, since the only part of the SDK it will care about are
the compiler.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tomislav Pokrajcic <to...@svemir.net>.
Just posted a question on ACP list.

Tomislav

Posted by Jeff Tapper <je...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Alain Ekambi <ja...@googlemail.com>.
For what i understand is that in the future only ActionScript/JS
development in FB.
No Flex.
What a mess from Adobe !

Posted by Fréderic Cox <fr...@exuvis.com>.

Posted by Michelle Yaiser <my...@adobe.com>.
Hi, Everyone.
The white paper that was promised at the community summit is December has
just been published. Adobe¹s view of Flex and its commitments to Flex in
the future can be found here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/whitepapers/roadmap.html

Hopefully most of your questions have been addressed. Please feel free to
ask questions or attend one of the Flex tour events (links to dates in the
post).

Cheers,
Michelle

Michelle Yaiser
Content & Community Manager  |  Developer Relations
Adobe Systems  |  myaiser@adobe.com  |  781-839-1697