Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/01/18 15:02:50 UTC

Feature Branch Merging and PR

What is the expected workflow when I need to merge from trunk to a feature branch to keep it up to date.

-          Do I use my own fork to merge trunk to feature, then create a PR?

-          Can I merge directly and push?

-          Other option?

Thanks,
Nate

RE: Feature Branch Merging and PR

Posted by Dmytro Grinenko <dg...@hortonworks.com>.
I can guess - by direct commit without PR. Question is - where repo is hosted: github or gitbox, then you can push the changes using right upstream.

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.