Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by vamsi krishna <va...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/19 08:18:35 UTC

Axis2C - Clarification needed

  Hi,
      I started to use Axis2C tool recently. I need the following clarifications regarding the same:
      1. How are Axiom, Stax and LibXML2 related in Axis2C?
      2. Given a structure for Serialization, what is the flow of serialization in terms of Axiom, Stax and LibXML2?
      3. Where exactly is the pull parsing machanism implemented in the code?
      4. How does Axis2C supports REST? When I tried to see the backtrace (on GDB) of a soap request sample [of Calculator sample] and the rest request sample [echo_rest sample], I got exactly same dump for both the flows. Please help me understand the implementation for REST support.

      5. what is the purpose of the auxutil_env_t structure? this structure is passed in all the functions of axis2c.
      6. What is the purpose of axis2_stub_t structure?
      7. Given a WSDL, once we convert them to respective .h and .c files using the WSDL2C.sh script, how do we go about developing the client side code? do we have any specific way to write the client side code?
      8. I have read some article which says Every component of Axis2C is pluggable [Transport, XML, Parser, Memory machanisms, etc]. but, no where did i found the procedure to do this. Please help me out in understanding the pluggability and how can i play with the tool to add my own pluggable components.
      9. Please suggest me any book/online links/any reference material to be able to understand the Axis2C tool better and start consuming the webservices. Even after going through the complete set of links on the official website of Axis2C, I am unable to explain the concepts to my peers and am unable to write a piece of code to consume the webservices available on internet.

          Please do this favour by clearing all the doubts above and make me understand the tool better and have me part of your group.

       Eagerly waiting for your reply.

  Thanks and Regards,
  Vamsi Krishna M

Vamsi, IIIT-Hyd.

Re: Axis2C - Clarification needed

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
vamsi krishna wrote:

>     Hi,
>         I started to use Axis2C tool recently. I need the following
>     clarifications regarding the same:
>         1. How are Axiom, Stax and LibXML2 related in *Axis2C*?
>         2. Given a structure for Serialization, what is the flow of
>     serialization in terms of Axiom, Stax and LibXML2?
>         3. Where exactly is the pull parsing machanism implemented in
>     the code?
>         4. How does Axis2C supports REST? When I tried to see the
>     backtrace (on GDB) of a soap request sample [of Calculator
>     sample] and the rest request sample [echo_rest sample], I got
>     exactly same dump for both the flows. Please help me understand
>     the implementation for REST support.
>
>         5. what is the purpose of the auxutil_env_t structure? this
>     structure is passed in all the functions of axis2c.
>         6. What is the purpose of axis2_stub_t structure?
>         7. Given a WSDL, once we convert them to respective .h and .c
>     files using the WSDL2C.sh script, how do we go about developing
>     the client side code? do we have any specific way to write the
>     client side code?
>         8. I have read some article which says Every component of
>     Axis2C is pluggable [Transport, XML, Parser, Memory machanisms,
>     etc]. but, no where did i found the procedure to do this. Please
>     help me out in understanding the pluggability and how can i play
>     with the tool to add my own pluggable components.
>         9. Please suggest me any book/online links/any reference
>     material to be able to understand the Axis2C tool better and start
>     consuming the webservices. Even after going through the complete
>     set of links on the official website of Axis2C, I am unable to
>     explain the concepts to my peers and am unable to write a piece of
>     code to consume the webservices available on internet.
>
>             Please do this favour by clearing all the doubts above and
>     make me understand the tool better and have me part of your group.

I'll reply to your points in details asap.
Have you tried these links [1]
thanks,
Damitha

[1] http://cwebservices.blogspot.com/2008/04/axis2c-web-services-links.html