Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2018/06/01 07:20:15 UTC

Apache NetBeans 9.0 RC1 Spotted In The Wild

Madrid, June the 1st, 2018.

Apache NetBeans 9.0 RC1 was spotted last wednesday in the wild in
Madrid, during an Oracle Developer Meetup entitled "JavaScript Is Crazy!
How To Make The Right Choices?" [1].

This was the very first world-wide appearance of the 9.0 RC1 release of
our IDE.

Sporting a dark Darcula Theme and big presentation-size fonts, our
NetBeans 9.0 RC1 little baby performed extremely well, allowing the
presenter, Mr. Geertjan Wielenga, to proceed smoothly with the
presentation without any issues.

Geertjan demonstrated the benefits of Oracle Jet [2], and our baby
performed very well with smooth scrolling, immediate code completion and
other visual niceties. The baby was lacking a splash screen, though.

After the presentation our little baby enjoyed some cold beer and some
"tortillas". The IDE did also perform well with the "tortillas", but
decided the beer was not cold enough.

Antonio, Madrid correspondent for Apache NetBeans News.

[1] https://www.meetup.com/Oracle-Developer-Meetup-Spain/events/250547492/

[2] http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/index.html

Re: Apache NetBeans 9.0 RC1 Spotted In The Wild

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ka...@asia.com>.
Excellent :)

Kai

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

AW: AW: Apache NetBeans 9.0 RC1 Spotted In The Wild

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
I’m using Windows 10 btw.

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.

Posted by JiΕ™Γ­ KovalskΓ½ <ji...@oracle.com>.
+1. Thanks to Antonio, our top-notch correspondent, for the great news!

-Jirka

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ka...@asia.com>.
Wow!Β  That's awesome!

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi all,

This is a much better photo of the event:
https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Oracle-Developer-Meetup-Spain/photos/28940692/471725755/?_xtd=gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJGUzM2NhMDBmLWE5ZTQtNDU0Mi04ODM1LWU3Yzk0ODYyYTEyZg

(much better than me having a beer :-)).

Cheers,
Antonio

El 02/06/2018 a las 10:54, Emilian Bold escribiΓ³:

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
Oh, this is pure literature!