Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Erich W Schreiner <es...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/13 13:58:21 UTC

AjaxEditableLabel and feedback on error

Dear all,

I am trying to implement a list with AJAX-powered inline editing and have set one field of the model to "required" using ajaxEditableLabel.setRequired(true). Now, whenever I hit [Enter] after clearing the related input field, I get the message "Field 'editor' is required.". The field name 'editor' is coming from the internal instantiation of the editor field at line 491 of AjaxEditableLabel.java:

editor = newEditor(this, "editor", model);

Is there any way to use the actual field name from the domain model for the feedback message, e.g. "Field 'name' is required." ?

Thanks & best regards,
Erich