Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Rick Litton <Ri...@ktd-kyocera.com> on 2006/12/04 08:36:56 UTC

RE: Felix and Eclipse PDE

Hi Jeff,

I was able to set up the Eclipse/Equinox bundles in Felix but unfortunately got the following errors:

DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.urlconversion -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.datalocation -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.osgi.service.packageadmin -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.osgi.service.url -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.localization -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.log -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.osgi.framework -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.osgi.util.tracker -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.util -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 6.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.debug -> 10.0
ERROR: Error starting file:bundle/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.2.0.v20060603.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error.)
java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/osgi/framework/BundleContext violates loader constraints
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.ContentClassLoader.findClass(ContentClassLoader.java:149)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.ContentClassLoader.loadClassFromModule(ContentClassLoader.java:51)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.ContentLoaderImpl.getClass(ContentLoaderImpl.java:121)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.R4SearchPolicyCore.findClassOrResource(R4SearchPolicyCore.java:358)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.R4SearchPolicyCore.findClass(R4SearchPolicyCore.java:136)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.R4SearchPolicy.findClass(R4SearchPolicy.java:45)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.ContentClassLoader.loadClass(ContentClassLoader.java:70)
        at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.<init>(ServiceTracker.java:162)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Activator.getDebugOptions(Activator.java:104)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.PlatformURLConnection.<clinit>(PlatformURLConnection.java:70)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Activator.installPlatformURLSupport(Activator.java:330)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Activator.start(Activator.java:79)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:509)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1260)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1201)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:807)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:256)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.datalocation -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.xml.sax -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.osgi.framework -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.util -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.debug -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.eclipse.osgi.service.environment -> 10.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.osgi.service.packageadmin -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.xml.sax.helpers -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> javax.xml.parsers -> 0
DEBUG: WIRE: 7.0 -> org.osgi.util.tracker -> 10.0
ERROR: Error starting file:bundle/org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.2.1.R32x_v20060814.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error.)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/IStatus
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.start(Activator.java:52)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:509)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1260)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1201)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:807)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:256)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
DEBUG: WIRE: 8.0 -> javax.servlet.http -> 4.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 8.0 -> javax.servlet -> 4.0
DEBUG: WIRE: 8.0 -> org.osgi.framework -> 0
Hello World!!
ERROR: Error starting file:bundle/org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.1.R32x_v20060919.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error.)
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.createBundleActivator(Felix.java:2750)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1255)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1201)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:807)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:256)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I suspect that there are dups that caused the conflict between the osgi libraries hence the classloading problem.  Unfortunately, I can't provide you with more information as it's close to midnight.  I'll go over it again tomorrow.

Regards,

Rick

Posted by Rick Litton <Ri...@ktd-kyocera.com>.
Yes, I can zip it up and send it to you shortly.  Thanks again.

-- rick

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

RE: Felix and Eclipse PDE

Posted by Rick Litton <Ri...@ktd-kyocera.com>.