Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Kristof Van Cleemput <kv...@schaubroeck.be> on 2005/11/08 11:33:47 UTC

Bugs in rc2 already fixed for rc3?

Hi,

I'm new to torque and found the following things when trying to get it
working (copy an informix db to a mysql db)
I found a few bugs and I'm wondering if these will be fixed in rc3.

* The informix files are missing in the templates jar. (I found them on
the mailinglist somewhere so I gues this one is fixed?)
* There seems to be a bug with $generator in some files =>
2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
$generator in template sql/load/mysql/row.vm at  [16,70]
2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
$generator in template sql/load/Control.vm at  [17,1]

Regards,

Kristof

RE: Bugs in rc2 already fixed for rc3?

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Hi,

Kristof Van Cleemput <kv...@schaubroeck.be> schrieb am 08.11.2005 11:33:47:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to torque and found the following things when trying to get it
> working (copy an informix db to a mysql db)
> I found a few bugs and I'm wondering if these will be fixed in rc3.
>
> * The informix files are missing in the templates jar. (I found them on
> the mailinglist somewhere so I gues this one is fixed?)

As far as I know, no informix-specific templates exist in svn now.
Unfortunately, I do not have an informix database ready to test the ones
from the mailing list. In my opinion, someone should test them before they
can be included in Torque. Then we also need permission of the author of
the templates to include them.
I see that informix is now owned by IBM. Just a wild guess: Have you tried
whether the db2 templates work for informix ?

> * There seems to be a bug with $generator in some files =>
> 2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
> $generator in template sql/load/mysql/row.vm at  [16,70]
> 2005-11-08 08:53:54,860 - Method parse threw exception for reference
> $generator in template sql/load/Control.vm at  [17,1]

Nothing is known of a bug in the templates until now. Can you provide more
details (e.g. which task you are running, a schema.xml where the bug
appears if appliccable etc.) ?

      Thomas