Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/17 20:34:54 UTC

Re: Segfault in MergedIterator.pullTop()

In the past weeks we got more and more reports of this segfault. It
manifests with JDK 10 and processors that support AVX-512 instructions. For
instance this bug has been reproduced by several users on AWS C5 and M5
instances.

I have no reason to think that only Elasticsearch is affected. Solr and
other Lucene-based applications are probably affected too. It can be worked
around by passing -XX:UseAVX=2 to the JVM arguments.

This bug is tracked at https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8207746.
Kudos to Jason Tedor for digging and reporting this bug.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for spreading the word!