Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Istvan Cseh <ic...@chemaxon.com> on 2008/09/26 12:23:07 UTC

Questions about the commons-pipeline

Hi,

I am playing with pipeline, and I have some questions regarding to usage.

What is the suggested method of avoiding "traffic-jam" in the pipe? I
mean, when a stage produces results fast, followed by a long-running
stage. I will run out of stack space in large amount of input data.

Currently, my solution uses the context raise/registerListener methods.
The slow stage notifies it's "feeder" stage, that new data can be
processed. Is there any better ideas for this problem?

My other issue is about branches. Is there a way to attach separated
branches together? For example, a stage needs input from two different
branches. Is there any solution to apply a synchronized data flow? (Lets
say I have two branches, one produces A-s, and the other produces B-s. I
want a stage, that is being fed by those two branches, and produces a
sequence of ABABAB...) Is there an implementation for such behaviour?

Finally, I am interested about the various StageDrivers. I'd like some
more detailed informations
then the API. Especially usage advices, samples, to help choose the best
stagedriver for the certain stages.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Istvan Cseh

PS. if you reply to the list, please CC me, as I am not subscribed yet.
-- icseh@chemaxon.com
Thank you!