Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2008/03/07 17:02:37 UTC

restructure SandboxDistr

I did some restructuring for the SandboxDistr project so that it can
host more than one release packaging build.

The structure now looks like:

SandboxDistr
   annotator-package (contains build and release packaging)
   pom.xml (contains just reference to the sub components)

To build all Sandbox projects call
   mvn install
from the SandboxDistr folder

To package for example the annotator-package call
   mvn assembly:assembly
from the SandboxDistr/annotator-package folder

It seems that it is not possible to build all sub packages at once. E.g.
by calling
   mvn assembly:assembly
from the SandboxDistr folder. When I tried this, I got an error that no
assembly builds where found. If anyone knows how this works, please
modify the structure.

To integrate build for the other release packages just add a sub folder
that contains all the build information and add the created POM to the
modules list of the SandboxDistr pom.

-- Michael

Re: restructure SandboxDistr

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:
>> Marshall Schor wrote:

>>> Copy the signRelease.sh into your sandbox distr, and edit the part which
>>> has the lines to sign things.
>>>
>>> It is set up to sign things inside the distr project's target/
>>> directory, plus doing the eclipse update site,
>>> which it finds via relative path.  I think you need to delete the part
>>> for the eclipse update site.
>>>
>>> -Marshall
>>>
>> But the script is only for asc signing. I think md5 and sha is done by
>> maven during the build, but this doesn't work for me. Any ideas?
>>
> To make communication perhaps a little better, how about if we use
> "signing" for GPG signing, and "checksumming" for creation of sha1 and
> md5 checksums :-) ?
>
> The checksums are computed in the xxx-distr POM by the following (copied
> from the uimaj-distr):
>
>      <plugin>
>        <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>        . . .
>        <executions>
>          . . .
>          <execution>
>            <id>checksum</id>
>            <phase>package</phase>
>            <configuration>
>              <tasks>
>                <checksum algorithm="sha1">
>                  <fileset dir="target" includes="*.gz *.bz2 *.zip" />
>                  <fileset
> dir="../uimaj-eclipse-update-site/target/eclipse-update-site/features"
>                           includes="*.jar"/> <!-- the features are tiny,
> and not packed, so
>                                                   no need for *.pack.gz -->
>                  <fileset
> dir="../uimaj-eclipse-update-site/target/eclipse-update-site/plugins"
>                           includes="*.jar *.pack.gz"/>
>                </checksum>
>                <checksum algorithm="md5">
>                  <fileset dir="target" includes="*.gz *.bz2 *.zip" />
>                  <fileset
> dir="../uimaj-eclipse-update-site/target/eclipse-update-site/features"
>                           includes="*.jar"/>
>                  <fileset
> dir="../uimaj-eclipse-update-site/target/eclipse-update-site/plugins"
>                           includes="*.jar *.pack.gz"/>
>                </checksum>
>              </tasks>
>            </configuration>
>            <goals>
>              <goal>run</goal>
>            </goals>
>          </execution>
>        </executions>
>      </plugin>
>
> That should work for you.  One thing in the process of changing per
> other notes from today is the moving of the checksumming for the
> Eclipse-update-site.
>
> Let me know if this doesn't work for you.  Because the phase is
> "packaging", it should be executed by assembly:assembly, which says that
> it "Invokes the execution of the lifecycle phase |package| prior to
> executing itself."

Sorry for the confusion... Seems that the checksumming does not work as
we expect. Please see my separate note. We don't get a checksum for
files that are created after the phase 'package'.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.