Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2010/01/01 00:01:01 UTC

[slack-digest] [2022-01-25] #general

2022-01-25 10:41:50 UTC - Seyed Mohammad GHFRN: Hi everyone;
I've been checking out OpehWhisk and currently I'm using the standalone docker deployment to experiment with it on my local machine.
I've successfully created and invoked a few JavaScript actions; but the standalone deployment seems to lack all other language runtimes (e.g. Python, Java, ...).
I didn't find any documentation regarding how to add the missing language runtimes.
Can someone point me to any available documentation?
Or if it's short and easy, maybe just tell the instructions right here.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643107310012600
----
2022-01-25 11:07:10 UTC - Davide Pugliese: @Seyed Mohammad GHFRN you may be interested into Nuvolaris
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643108830013000
----
2022-01-25 11:07:32 UTC - Davide Pugliese: We are building some kind of Openwhisk 2.0
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643108852013200
----
2022-01-25 11:07:33 UTC - Davide Pugliese: <https://github.com/nuvolaris/nuvolaris>
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643108853013400
----
2022-01-25 11:08:30 UTC - Davide Pugliese: The founder is the creator of the most recent Runtime mechanism and of the Java runtime.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643108910014200
----
2022-01-25 11:13:01 UTC - Seyed Mohammad GHFRN: Thank you David @Davide Pugliese
I will definitely have a look at this, soon.
But for now I need some hints as how to setup and activate additional language runtimes in the standalone docker deployment of OpehWhisk.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643109181016100
----
2022-01-25 11:14:11 UTC - Davide Pugliese: <https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/blob/master/docs/actions-actionloop.md>
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1643109251016600