Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by SG...@osc.state.ny.us on 2009/08/10 18:47:26 UTC

Extending OperationalAttributeInterceptor

Hi

I had opened this  ticket

and was suggested to communicate through mailing list.

Stefan Seelmann added a comment - 06/Aug/09 08:09 AM
Just for the record: Instead of using '+' (this would request all
operational attributes) it is also possibe to reqeust the required
attribute by their names (e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.).
IMO the client must be fixed. All other LDAP server have the same
behaviour and don't return operational attributes unless requested.

Anyway, you could try to modify lookup(), list() and search() methods and
add your needed operational attributes to the opContext.
[ Show » ]
Stefan Seelmann added a comment - 06/Aug/09 08:09 AM Just for the record:
Instead of using '+' (this would request all operational attributes) it is
also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names (e.g.
createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). IMO the client must be fixed. All
other LDAP server have the same behaviour and don't return operational
attributes unless requested. Anyway, you could try to modify lookup(),
list() and search() methods and add your needed operational attributes to
the opContext.

Stefan Seelmann says :

" it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names
(e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). "

I am requesting operational attribute by their name and is returning null,

The idea of using '+'  is not possible in my client code since the client
code is IBM Puma code which cannot be changed by me.

please let me know if there is any way I can resolve this issue?

Thanks & Regards
Satish
518-486-4160

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.

Re: Extending OperationalAttributeInterceptor

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
SGutta@osc.state.ny.us wrote:
> Hi
>

> Stefan Seelmann says :
>
> " it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names
> (e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). "
>
> I am requesting operational attribute by their name and is returning null,

can you provide a TCPDump ? I would be interesting to see what kind of
LDAP request is sent by your client.

> The idea of using '+'  is not possible in my client code since the client
> code is IBM Puma code which cannot be changed by me.
>
> please let me know if there is any way I can resolve this issue?

The first step is to know where is the problem lying : either on the
sent request, or on teh received data. In any case, have you already
tried with another server ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Extending OperationalAttributeInterceptor

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
SGutta@osc.state.ny.us wrote:
> " *it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names
> (e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). *"
>
> I am requesting operational attribute by their name and is returning null,

Can you test using ldapsearch command line, something like this:

ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "cn=test,ou=users,ou=system" -w
secret -x -b "ou=users,ou=system" createTimestamp

Please also note that if you create an antry, only the createTimestamp
exists. The modifyTimestamp only exists if the entry was modified after
creation.

Kind Regards,
Stefan