Posted to user@batchee.apache.org by Reinhard Sandtner <re...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/20 16:58:37 UTC

Re: Restart after a Decision Stop is not working

Hey,

i think you’ve found a bug… i can investigate it tomorrow - currently have some $dayjob$ things to do...

would be great if you can create an issue in our bug tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATCHEE <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATCHEE> (otherwise i can do it tomorrow)

if you can provide a/your sample it would also be a great help so i can move it to an unit test ;)

> Am 16.03.2017 um 19:45 schrieb Tiburtius, Ashwanth <as...@iwd.iowa.gov>:
>
> Hello team,
>
> Our team is using the 0.4-incubating version of Apache BatchEE. I am doing
> a POC on JavaEE Batch before we move our batch implementation from
> Websphere to Tomee. Following is the JSL I am working on. It looks like
> when the class MyDecider returns "foobar2", the exit status is successfully
> set to "foobar3" but step3 is not getting invoked. My understanding is that
> step3 will be invoked automatically by the batch implementation. It would
> be very helpful to know if my understanding is incorrect or if there is a
> bug.
>
> JSL:
> <job id="bigbangdecision" xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee"
>    xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee
> http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/jobXML_1_0.xsd" version="1.0">
>    <step id="step1" next="decider1">
>        <batchlet ref="myBatchlet1"/>
>    </step>
>    <decision id="decider1" ref="myDecider">
>        <next on="foobar" to="step3"/>
>        *<stop on="foobar2" exit-status="foobar3" restart="step3"/>*
>    </decision>
>    <step id="step2">
>        <batchlet ref="myBatchlet2"/>
>    </step>
>    <step id="step3">
>        <batchlet ref="myBatchlet3"/>
>    </step>
> </job>
>
> Also, requesting information on the following:
>
> 1) When can be expect a full release of the BatchEE project?

hm afaik there is currently nothing that will block us but still not our focus yet - happy to hear what others think??

> 2) Would you recommend us using the 0.4-incubating project until then?

i’ve used BatchEE-incubator in production in my previous project on Websphere 8.5 and TomEE with JavaEE 6 and currently using it on JBoss EAP 6 and some parts of BatchEE with wildfly-10.1 and JBoss EAP 7. so from my point of view -> YES you can use it ;)