Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by paragmehta <pa...@ms.com> on 2011/09/29 23:50:52 UTC

Sharing JAXB annotated classes and context between server and client.

Folks,

I have existing java classes annotated with JAXB annotations and customized
JAXB context.  Am trying to expose a service using these objects over WS
using CXF.

* How do I specify custom JAXB context settings on server.
* For the client, I want to use same JAXB annotated classes without creating
new ones from WSDL.  How do I do this, and how do I specify the custom JAXB
context settings on client side.

Thanks.

Re: Sharing JAXB annotated classes and context between server and client.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Doing it on the client will require a bit more work…
The jaxb client is pretty smart in caching what it needs, not re-creating stuff and so on.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Doing it on the server is pretty easy, doing it on the client less so.

 <jaxws:dataBinding>
      <ref bean="wcsriJaxb"/>
  </jaxws:dataBinding>

And you probably need to extend JAXBDataBinding