Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Eli Groesbeck <el...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/17 19:11:01 UTC

MyFaces DataTable doesn't permit component tree manipulation with input components, why?

I'd like to create a datatable with editable cells (HtmlInputText) and
dynamic column support.  For output this works well, however when
using input boxes the save state fails since more columns could
potentially be in the component tree than in the previous rendering.

Particular error occurs in method saveDescendantComponentStates of
HtmlDataTableHack.  The JavaDoc explicitly indicates the tree can't be
manipulated,, I'm just not sure why.  The Sun RI looks like it might
support this.

Re: MyFaces DataTable doesn't permit component tree manipulation with input components, why?

Posted by Jaroslav Rychna <ja...@centrum.cz>.
Do you solve this problem? I´m facing the same and don´t know how to
solve it.

Thanks
jarin