Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Farhan Tariq <fa...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/19 17:16:21 UTC

ExtendedAccessLogValve

Hello Team,

we have tomcat 7.0.68 deployed on linux and start using
ExtendedAccessLogValve.class. To capture the log in local system timezone
we change the following line
"currentTimestampFormat.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"))"

into
"currentTimestampFormat.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getDefault())"

in ElementTimestampStruct class and then compile and replace the
catalina.jar in already deployed tomcat.

Now , The time is sync with the system set time which is GMT+5 but somehow
date is still operating on GMT as date get changed at 05:00 AM ( system
time). please help me in this regard to understand why the above mentioned
change have no impact of date field.

Thanks
Farhan Tariq