Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neeraj Bajaj <Ne...@Sun.COM> on 2001/09/04 10:26:06 UTC

Bug #3392 DeclHandler doesn't receive externalEntityDecl calls

>   that the version of externalEntityDecl(...) provided by AbstractSAXParser
has
>   only 3 arguments, whereas the correct version given by
>   AbstractXMLDocumentParser has 4. Thus, the calls for external entities fall
> ! through to AbstractXMLDocumentParser, which discards them.
> --- 27,44 ----
>   that the version of externalEntityDecl(...) provided by AbstractSAXParser
has
>   only 3 arguments, whereas the correct version given by
>   AbstractXMLDocumentParser has 4. Thus, the calls for external entities fall
> ! through to AbstractXMLDocumentParser, which discards them.
> !
> ! ------- Additional Comments From neeraj.bajaj@sun.com  2001-09-04 00:24
-------
> ! u have rightly tracked down the problem. I feel somehow it has been left.
> ! A change in
> ! AbstractSAXParser:externalEntityDecl(String name, String publicId,
> ! String systemId)
> ! AbstractSAXParser:externalEntityDecl(String name, String publicId,
> ! String systemId,String baseSystemId)
> ! should be able to pass this call to application.i will post the cvs diff on

slight modification done in AbstractSAXParser, externalEntityDecl calls weren't
getting through to  the application.
CVS diff is attatched with this mail.

Neeraj Bajaj
---------------------
Sun Microsystems, inc.
Ph.91-80-2298989 x87425.

Re: Bug #3392 DeclHandler doesn't receive externalEntityDecl calls

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
> slight modification done in AbstractSAXParser, externalEntityDecl
> calls weren't getting through to  the application.
> CVS diff is attatched with this mail.

I've applied the patch. Thanks! :) On a related note, do you
want your email address listed in the change log along with
your name or would you prefer to only have your name appear?