Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2004/02/03 09:37:45 UTC

Re: Guidelines and steps for architecting a struts application

On 02/02/2004 11:20 PM Al Rathon wrote:
> Hi:
> I am developing a simple application (basically does
> CRUD operations on various entities in the
> application). I want to use the Tiles, Validator also.
> I would like to know what steps I need to follow to
> design the architecture.

Check out 'MVC' architecture. model-view-controller. There must be a
hundred good references on the struts site.

As for tiles, it provides an excellent framework for seperating HTML (or
whatever mark-up) for a page into modules, which works very well with
modern CSS implementation to allow fast and easy design, building &
redesign of the website interface.

Validator automates validation for you - it won't drastically influence
your design - just make your development time faster.

HTH
Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2