Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/10/15 14:46:12 UTC

Assigning Different Extensions for Storage Plugins

Hey all,

I have some json files that are written out in with a .bin extension.
(Process not under my control).  In drill I am able to create a workspace
that uses a default input type of json, and this is able to read with no
issues, but I'd like to be able specify that .bin should also be read as
json....

I tried

 "bin": {
      "type": "json"
    },

That didn't work

I tried

 "json": {
      "type": "json",
       "extensions": [
        "bin", "json"
      ]
    },

And that didn't work either. Other than using a different default input
format, is there a way to assign different extensions to non text files in
storage plugins?

Thanks!

John