Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2018/03/15 03:49:19 UTC

Re: [TEST][VOTE] Accumulo 1.7.4-rc0

I'm still seeing some test failures in 1.7 and 1.8/1.9 branches that I'm
trying to work through before I prepare another release candidate.

The "hang forever" bug in (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4847) that was presumed to
be a flaky test (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4834) left
me a bit frustrated at the lack of attention to the remaining test failures
(no blame intended here... I also have been ignoring IT failures), so I'm
going to try to spend some time fixing them, if I can. This include:

TabletServerGivesUpIT appears to be failing across all branches

ChaoticBalancerIT is consistently failing, but passes occasionally
CyclicReplicationIT is flaky, but passes on reruns
RollWALPerformanceIT is a flaky performance test that passes when rerun

Any willing extra pairs of eyes on these tests (or any others which are
failing) would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Mike Miller <mi...@gmail.com>.
I *think* I finally figured out the ChaoticBalancerIT...
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/401

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.