Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/06 11:26:50 UTC

Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a French translation or some work in progress,
as the French community is
expanding. If none is available I would like to volunteer to produce it.
Emmanuel

RE: Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Demandant un cours d'instruction qui explique l'architecture de Maven?

Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de confidentialité

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
We have had a couple of volunteers requests for the French version. Ping Tim @ book@sonatype.com for details.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I just created a dedicated Google Group and sent an invitation to this
thread authors
<http://groups.google.com/group/maven-the-definitive-guide-in-french?lnk=gcimh>
http://groups.google.com/group/maven-the-definitive-guide-in-french

Feel free to join if anyone is interested to contribute. I myself will have
few time to work on this but will be happy to help as possible.

Nicolas

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Same as Arnaud.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud

Re: Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Posted by Fabien KRUBA <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Ouaip, ça m'intéresse aussi. Va bien falloir que je me mette à Git :-).

<off-topic>About git, I always remember Linus torvalds being asked why he
named it "git". He answered "I'm an egotistical bastard, and I name all my
projects after myself."</off-topic> :-).

Cheers.

2009/5/18 Fabien KRUBA <fa...@gmail.com>

> Hi
> I can give some help for translation
> Regards
> Fabien Kruba
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet <ehsavoie73@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have started the French Translation for the Maven Guide here:
> > http://github.com/ehsavoie/maven-guide/tree/master
> > Feel free to contact me if you want to help :o) (reading, translating,
> > ...).
> >
> > Emmanuel
> >
> > PS: I am currently translating the introduction chapter.
> >
> > ----------
> > Emmanuel Hugonnet
> > Tel: +336.25.34.19.46
> > http://www.ehsavoie.com

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Posted by Fabien KRUBA <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
<french>Cédric, tu oublies qu'on est toujours sur la ML utilisateur de maven
:-). Donc, en anglais.</french>
So, now back to english :-).

And yes, this seems very interesting. I already worked on hibernate
documentation translation and you sometimes feel akward when you just
replaced an english block and are wondering what the sentence was to
double-check you seem to have put the best translation... So, having a
double-screen doing the matching between the two versions just seems like
the way to go.

Cheers.

2009/5/27 Mimil <mi...@gmail.com>

> je pensais plutôt à des trucs du genre:
> https://open-language-tools.dev.java.net/
>
> enfin pour l'instant j'ai pas trouver mieux.
>
> Cédric,
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:07 PM, ehsavoie (via Nabble) <
> ml-user+65-514126733@n2.nabble.com <ml...@n2.nabble.com><
> ml-user%2B65-514126733@n2.nabble.com<ml...@n2.nabble.com>
> >>wrote:
>
> > http://code.google.com/p/google-api-translate-java/
> >
> > On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Mimil <mimilowns@...<
> http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2981285&i=0>>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I also would like to help on translating this book but I am more
> focused
> > on
> > > creating tools allowing to translate docbook content so I think I will
> > try
> > > to help on this side.
> > > I am developer on docbkx-tools (the current maven plugin you sonatype
> is
> > > using for docbook generation) (ad.: the best docbook toolchain :P).
> > > I will try to see how ppl on docbook malinglist manage the translation
> > work
> > > and I hope there will be something in the java world in opensource.
> > > An other thing that may be needed for this work is an xmldiff in order
> >
> > > detect the changes from the master language files for an easy of
> backport

> > > the translation files.
> > >
> > > If someone already have some xp on this two topics, feel free to
> message
> > > me.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Cédric,
> > > --

> http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2981285&i=1>
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@...<
> http://n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2981285&i=2>
> > >

> > ------------------------------
> >  This email is a reply to your post @
> >
> http://n2.nabble.com/Maven%3A-The-Definitive-Guide-in-French-tp2592139p2981285.html
> > You can reply by email or by visting the link above.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Posted by Mimil <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mimil <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I also would like to help on translating this book but I am more focused on
creating tools allowing to translate docbook content so I think I will try
to help on this side.
I am developer on docbkx-tools (the current maven plugin you sonatype is
using for docbook generation) (ad.: the best docbook toolchain :P).
I will try to see how ppl on docbook malinglist manage the translation work
and I hope there will be something in the java world in opensource.
An other thing that may be needed for this work is an xmldiff in order to
detect the changes from the master language files for an easy of backport to

Posted by coutant <st...@orange-ftgroup.com>.
Yes, a relevant example is the translation in French of the "OpenOffice.org
Migration Guide".
Ebook available here :
http://www.inlibroveritas.net/catalogue/fiche-livre/changer_pour_openofficeorg.html
http://www.inlibroveritas.net/catalogue/fiche-livre/changer_pour_openofficeorg.html
.
In addition to the free ebook, the real paper book can be ordered (here for
15 euros). I tested the service : it was shipped within 3 days.

I'm interested in helping with the translation of Definitive Guide.
Specially chapter 20 : "Developing with Flexmojos". I've been using
Flexmojos since it's inception.

Coutant

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'm in contact with Eyrolles as a JUG leader and can suggest them such a
deal. As Pearson france is working with me and Arnaud on another Maven book
I don't think they would like to have two, but can also suggest them
Cheers,
Nicolas

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
Sure, Tim is pretty busy this week but we'll put the content somewhere
so that folks can translate the parts of the books they want to.

We'll see if we can get something setup this week.

On 6-Apr-09, at 8:40 AM, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I recently sent an email about this at book@sonatype.com (two weeks
> ago or
> so).
> I was asking if there was currently any work about this french
> translation
> for the definitive guide. If so, I think I'd like to contribute. If
> not,
> then I guess we could at least try to start it up. Just show the
> direction
> :-).
>
> Cheers.
>
> 2009/4/6 Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>
>
>> I've asked Tim to respond to you, but that would be great if you
>> translated
>> the guide. We can set you up with all the tools that we use. We could
>> probably also set up a repository so that anyone who wanted to
>> contribute
>> the translation could help. There are also Nexus and m2eclipse
>> books to
>> translate ;-)
>>

>> On 6-Apr-09, at 2:26 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>> I was wondering if there is a French translation or some work in
>>> progress,
>>> as the French community is
>>> expanding. If none is available I would like to volunteer to
>>> produce it.
>>> Emmanuel
>>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

> Sauvez un arbre,
> Mangez un castor !

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Re: Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi Jason,

I recently sent an email about this at book@sonatype.com (two weeks ago or
so).
I was asking if there was currently any work about this french translation
for the definitive guide. If so, I think I'd like to contribute. If not,
then I guess we could at least try to start it up. Just show the direction
:-).

Cheers.

2009/4/6 Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>

> I've asked Tim to respond to you, but that would be great if you translated
> the guide. We can set you up with all the tools that we use. We could
> probably also set up a repository so that anyone who wanted to contribute
> the translation could help. There are also Nexus and m2eclipse books to
> translate ;-)
>

> On 6-Apr-09, at 2:26 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>> I was wondering if there is a French translation or some work in progress,
>> as the French community is
>> expanding. If none is available I would like to volunteer to produce it.
>> Emmanuel
>>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Maven: The Definitive Guide in French

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
If you need some support :)

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks :o)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
I've asked Tim to respond to you, but that would be great if you
translated the guide. We can set you up with all the tools that we
use. We could probably also set up a repository so that anyone who
wanted to contribute the translation could help. There are also Nexus
and m2eclipse books to translate ;-)

On 6-Apr-09, at 2:26 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is a French translation or some work in
> progress,
> as the French community is
> expanding. If none is available I would like to volunteer to produce
> it.
> Emmanuel

Thanks,

Jason