Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Andy Rowe <ap...@roweboat.net> on 2004/04/17 09:22:42 UTC

apache.roweboat.net online

when rsync runs with the recommended commands does it chnage the permissions on all the files when it is run. there are quite a few that are having the owner set to root. Anyone have any clue why that might be?

i am using the following command

rsync -rtlzv --delete www.apache.org::apache-dist /path/to/dist

thank you to who ever can give me some input on this

andy
apachemirror@roweboat.net

Re: apache.roweboat.net online

Posted by Ikmal Ahmad <ev...@leakage.org>.
Mmmm... that problem come because you run rsync command as root.
chown all the file and the problem solve.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:22:42 -0500
"Andy Rowe" <ap...@roweboat.net> wrote:

> when rsync runs with the recommended commands does it chnage the permissions on all the files when it is run. there are quite a few that are having the owner set to root. Anyone have any clue why that might be?
>
> i am using the following command
>
> rsync -rtlzv --delete www.apache.org::apache-dist /path/to/dist
>
> thank you to who ever can give me some input on this
>
> andy
> apachemirror@roweboat.net

-------------------------------------

 Thanks & Regards,
  EvoIVGSR.

 http://www.leakage.org/
 http://root.justdied.com/mylife
 http://www.openbsd.org.my/
 http://mirrors.mybsd.org.my/

Re: apache.roweboat.net online

Posted by Ikmal Ahmad <ik...@leakage.org>.
Mmmm... that problem come because you run rsync command as root.
chown all the file and the problem solve.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:22:42 -0500
"Andy Rowe" <ap...@roweboat.net> wrote:

> when rsync runs with the recommended commands does it chnage the permissions on all the files when it is run. there are quite a few that are having the owner set to root. Anyone have any clue why that might be?
>
> i am using the following command
>
> rsync -rtlzv --delete www.apache.org::apache-dist /path/to/dist
>
> thank you to who ever can give me some input on this
>
> andy
> apachemirror@roweboat.net

 Thanks & Regards,
  Ikmal.